Um .. nah . different Salmonella Tiki is different

   I live in Queenstown .. which is right down south ..

   which does not have a techno scene at all .. apart
   from my lounge . heh

   as for the nationwide scene ..

   we have had several visits in the past years ..

   um ..

  Carl Craig, Sutek, Superpitcher, monoake, Micheal Mayer
  Andy Vaz .. .

   and a few others . most of which I have missed .. but i did
   get to play with Carl last Feb.

   https://www.obscure.co.nz/gallery/one_city_with_carl_craig
   https://www.obscure.co.nz/gallery/superpitcher

   Of course .. Recloose is almost local now .. living up in Wellington

   and Fat Freddys Drop . could almost be considered Techno having
   played in Detroit two festivals ago ..

   on the production front .. Simon Flower from Nurture Recordings
   is keeping things alive ..

   Most of the scene is based around Auckland .. with some regular
   nights and occasional parties .. but attendance is low and motivation
   wavering alot of the time ..

   Otherwise on a more electronica level .. the impeccable Pitch Black
   and global runners Antix  ..

   Probably the most enduring artist is Son Sine aka. Rotor +, Epsilon Blue

   And Alpharythm from feral party roots.

   The NZ sound becomes infused very fast with other styles .. which
   I think is well represented through current Recloose sounds .. and
   the works of Pitch Black which are heavily dub influenced .. while
   Antix dissolve into breakbeat trance areas ..

   There is a growing laptop scene .. with the usual bleeps and glitch.

   Also several young producers on the cusp .. many are absorbed
   into Loop recordings .. which have a very broad musical profile.

   I guess the most appropriate term from NZ is electronica . and
   not Techno ... while we love the synth wash .. we can't avoid
   our island roots and return sweetly to the dub infusion ..

   Also our experimental history is strongly based on indy guitar rock
   and industrial noise .. so the resulting fringe of banging techno
   never quite makes it into popular divide.

   The most defining and "seminal" techno artist from the NZ scene
   Mechanism / Micromnism .. has become a Hari Krishna

   Otherwise in the pure Techno sense .. you must visit LRS
   creator of Obscure.co.nz and the Fun Poison party brand.

   https://www.obscure.co.nz/profiles/lrs
   http://funpoison.com/

  Have look through the FP site .. as it provides a really good history
  to the Wellington Techno scene from all the way back in 1993.

  Special love must be given to the Stereonasties ..

  https://www.obscure.co.nz/profiles/steronasties

  Who are the most continual committed and passionate girls for the
  most grinding hair raising techno performances .. playing four deck
  carnage to make the hardest player weep in submission.

   hmm .. when I write it all up there is an awful lot on our cards .. its
   just currently we don't have an audience ' that is connected enough
   to provide support.

  Action . taken has been to start a NZ specific techno mailing list
  called 909 .. and attempt to connect all the NZ producers, promoters
  Dj's and supporters in one space ..

  This action is supported through Obscure .. which is also driving a
  mailing list of a similar nature in Australia.

  Touring internationals always share dates with Australia .. so we are
  trying to create a more cohesive network to better facilitate visiting
  artist reaching all centers ..

  Further to this .. FP connections run deep into the Japanese scene
  keeping the channel open form Asian scene to interact.

  We are also working on direct detriot connections .. and some
  infiltration into deepest Europe.

  The individual passions are very high in NZ .. with many past
  and current players working all over .. Halogen Girl one of the
  original Techno DJs from early 90's now works with the Red Bull
  Academy.

  Flic . one of the perveyors of detriot & chicago sounds in welly,
  is now a mover in the London hip & breaks record scene.

  .. and the list continues ..

  my connections are varied and sporadic . with a terrible ability for
  memory so do not consider this definitive . but more a random
  thought flow about our scene ..

  blah .. simon

Andrew Jackson wrote:
Is that Tiki, ala Salmonella Dub ? if so that would be interesting :)

btw. to Simon Kong, which part of NZ are you talking about ? am
interested in the scene over there atm.

peace.