Although it's very unlikely I'll make it over this year, I hold the festival
dear to my heart and truly hope it goes on in some form - but my hopes
aren't terribly high for it maintaining its standard, as yet another
organiser has been dropped by the city.

That said, I didn't have terribly high hopes last year and I was pleasantly
surprised at how it came together. After six years watching this festival's
annual preamble in the press and on this list there is only one thing that
can be gleaned: speculation is just that. The odds have always been stacked
against the festival, *especially* during the first year, when nothing
remotely like it had ever been attempted in America. Surely that counts for
something???

Obvioulsy people want to know if it's going to happen and in what form
(especially those travelling for it), but I think that until someone can
make an insightful appeal to authority or unless something more concrete is
released to the public it's fairly meaningless to cast our own
preconceptions of the local and global scenes on what little information we
have right now.

Tristan
=======
http://www.phonopsia.co.uk