Yep it was me and that's how it is.  You can verify this if you can find a
clip of something from way back by searching Piccadilly's site as their
clips used to be (and still are for those older tracks) between 1min and 2
mins long (depended on how much they liked something).
Then the BPI approached them and told them it was 30 secs max - and
(although my memory is not up to being sure of this bit) they have to pay to
use those.  As far as I knew others get away with it as they aren't as big.
But that doesn't square with Juno now increasing from 30 to 60 as someone
says they've done.  Dunno that's the story as far as I knew / remembered /
made it up.