Of course, as always with these things, artists from small independent labels rarely see any of the cash collected by the relevant authorities "on their behalf" and the vast majority goes to Dire Straits, Robbie Williams and the odd bit left over for Tiesto and Joey Negro.

cheers

Jason

On 29 Mar 2006, at 15:36, Tristan Watkins wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "robin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Paul Hudson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "313@Hyperreal.Org" <313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 29, 2006 3:23 PM
Subject: SPAM-LOW: Re: (313) retroactive 002

it's a RIAA/BPI thing, any longer and technically they're in breach of licensing or something.

rediculous i know.

You sure? I'd like to see that. I would think any sample in excess of say, 3 seconds would be unauthorised unless there are explicit differneces set out for record shops.

Meanwhile, anyone know how most other online shops get away with longer samples?

Tristan
=======
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.phonopsia.co.uk