On 20 Jul 2006, at 13:45, fab. wrote:

but is it "proper" techno though?

I would say so...

i havent seen "UR Live" but i have seen "UR presents Timeline Live" and it was a live funk jam more than anything else. Alot of people were not aware of the project and thought they were going to see UR people play live techno and came away very disappointed.
Could that be the reason people are not responding positively?

I guess some of the old "heads" could be disappointed, but it's interesting, no?

I think it's a brave move and probably a good way to present Techno, especially in the USA - where people are more accepting of the "band" format, this is something that Dan Sicko hinted at in his book and seems to me like the next logical step to, at the very least, making a difference.

They may have been unlucky with some of their slots of late but then again who here hasn't at one time or another played to an empty room or been in one!