Sorry JT but I just can't see the sense in this.  As far as this past London
gig that they pulled out from playing live and DJed elsewhere instead (which
seems to be what Diana is referring to here) they were already there and
presumably so was all their gear.  So an argument that says

>they don't want anyone losing their a$$ putting them
>on
>and they don't wanna be f*cked over either

doesn't follow to me as the money was already spent - ie. even if their
reservations came true and the promoter lost out he'd already done so and
not turning up at the gig he'd advertised they'd play wasn't exactly doing
him a favour!
And unless they were certain something was fishy on getting paid they might
as well take a chance and do the gig as they were there anyway!
It might be that they felt promises about the venue had not been delivered
on and therefore they simply were unable to do their show in a way that did
it justice there but that's a different argument.