why do you assume ur has small record sales? i'm sure they do decent enough.
huge in japan.
i'm sure it costs a fortune to fly them around etc. probably 4 or 5 thousand
dollars minumum just covering expenses. so they dont need just proper equipment
and sound, but proper PLACE -- i think these guys are conscientious and don't
want to play anywhere where the capacity just isn't big enough..they don't want
anyone losing their a$$ putting them on. and they don't wanna be f*cked over
either. if they are promised x amount of money to cover their expenses (and
some actual compensation for all their talent and hard work is nice too), and
they show up and the venue obviously isnt gonna hold an audience large enough
for the place to make that x amount...i'd back out too if i were them. i
realize promoting and booking is a tough business, but any performer out there
knows that even the nicest promoters/bookers put quite a sunny spin on things.
sometimes it works out often it doesnt..