To: "Stewart Caig" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2006 5:02 PM
Subject: Re: (313) Luke Slater

I remember his early albums being all the rage on the IDM list.  Then
he did "Alright On Top" which I guess was his bid for pop stardom. I
found that pretty simplistic and irritating -- it had that 'I reckon I
wouldn't mind some pop stardom' tang to it, and a feeling that he was
deliberately dumbing things down.

The PAS stuff I remember being a rave staple around these parts, and
it's great music for that.