There was just a big article here in a travel section of the Age in Melbourne on Detroit - it's entitled "Detroit: the urban prairie" or something. There were actually nice postcards in Detroit! I bought stacks!

On 02/02/2007, at 10:34 PM, Odeluga, Ken wrote:

Is that a loaded question? ;-)

-----Original Message-----
From: Aidan O'Doherty [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 02 February 2007 11:31
To: Odeluga, Ken
Cc: robin; Matt Chester; 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: (313) what's up with the festival?!?!?!

hard to believe that a modern metropolis doesn't try to tap in to
tourism. detroit has its selling points, doesn't it?

On 02/02/07, Aidan O'Doherty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

if they got they're act together, then they'd have bigger influx of
foreigners. surely they sould have been planning it the day the last
event finished. lock down artists early. now is when line-up needs to
be released. i probably wouldn't bother with main event, especially if
the line-up bears any resemblance to last year's.

wish i'd gone to the actual demfs.