id add "hot on the heels of love", "angola", "la mer es grande", and
"the boy is doing it". all of which are very distinctive!

It's possible your speculation has some grain of truth but it seems
doubtful really. Also, note, I'm not saying that there are some remixes he's done which I'm not that impressed by: I thought 'Falling Up' (his remix of it) was just slightly above-average, in the end. Likeable, but
not brilliant.

i feel pretty much the same way. i like it, but i prefer the original
and almost never play the remix. and yeah, some of the other ones
mentioned (xpress 2, terry brookes, goldfrap, etc) are the ones i just
didnt buy because they werent very good, not because they sounded the
same!

tom

Well I was referring mainly to the X-Press 2, Goldfrapp and Brazilian Girls remixes when I wrote 'Another one of his epic trancetastic reworks he seems to enjoy doing as of lately.', about the Faze Action remix.

I do love the ones you mentioned though, they sound very unique and distinctive. Still, the last C2 remix I bought was the Delia & Gavim one, that piano breakdown always gives me the chills!