On Wed, 7 Feb 2007, Thomas D. Cox, Jr. wrote:

i feel pretty much the same way. i like it, but i prefer the original
and almost never play the remix. and yeah, some of the other ones
mentioned (xpress 2, terry brookes, goldfrap, etc) are the ones i just
didnt buy because they werent very good, not because they sounded the
same!

I thought the Terry Brookes remixes were amazing! *shrugg*

Ill throw in the Kult Copy remix for another incredible mix.

And, while there are some exceptions, I do feel that as of the last couple years (read 2004 - present) Carl has mostly adopted a formula. I dont think thats a bad thing, and he does vary it up enough to make it still interesting, but to hear people say that they dont (for the most part) hear the same sort of formula to them is kinda odd.

derek.