That's a fallacy.  DEMF was established to expose Detroit techno/house/etc.
to the world and celebrate how it has spread around the world.  If that's
not what Paxahau intends anymore then they should change the name to the
one they've used before - "PEMF".
I know it's good to incorporate other artists outside of Detroit that have
been influenced by Detroit's sounds (see, that's plural - more than one
sound).  If that didn't continue then there'd be a problem.  However,
there's also a problem when fewer and fewer Detroit artists are booked for
it even though many Detroit artists continue to try to get booked but for
some reason or another aren't or aren't even asked.

My hope is, the "Detroit" stage is a place that at any time during the day
you can be guaranteed to see a Detroit artist, as opposed to the only place
you can see Detroit artists during the weekend.  That's not exposure -
that's segregation.  Like I said, I'm waiting for the announcement that was
supposed to happen yesterday and I'm curious as to why it didn't happen.
It wasn't even supposed to be the complete line-up, just a few names to
whet the appetite.

MEK

"/0" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 02/16/2007 03:18:08 PM:

> its an electronic music festival in detroit, not a festival of detroit
> electronic music
>
> if it were all detroit, it would be pretty boring for those of us that
get
> nothing but detroit for the rest of the year

Feb.