I whinged:-

> Like why are double packs almost twice the price
> of a single EP? Or is this just the U.K.??

DJT1000 replies

> Because it's double the vinyl,
> hence double the price.

Vinyl costs about 5c.
Admittedly there are some extra costs to recoup, like
cutting & more studio time. *but* there must be
massive economies of scale in things like
distribution, promotion, storage and racking, artwork
and handling etc etc. Still think almost double the
price is taking the piss.

> Import 2x12"s are a pisser for you guys,
> cost wise, which is why I stopped doing them.

Cheers that wise man....;-)

....or why not put the most 'floor style uptempo on
one release and the more armchair 'listening' cuts on
another?? Get better feedback on what peeps are into
that way too.

btw the other semi-scam that operates here is the
'fake import'. UK pressed and released gear goes for
approx 5.50 ukp, mainland Europe releases go for
around 7.50 ukp. This may well even be illegal as in
theory the EU is all the same common market same as
continental USA.

Last time I looked, in Holland, the same thing works
in reverse with German, Belgium & Dutch gear going
cheaper than stuff from the UK. Funny thing is this
actually seems to increase desirability and sales as a
result. As a local example CiMs, always excellent,
output got a better market visibility in the UK when
it came out, at import prices, on Delsin! That extra
40% most help the shops margins???

er yeah....the music.

anyone noticed that for some reason there is some well
wicked Mk ][ heavy 'floor techno coming out of France
atm?

arf arf

Fox xx