<<Before I get going, I'd like to ask for any recommendations on the best
tribal techno records/producers out there right now, things that are deep,
dark, and danceable...>>

Oliver Ho, Christian Smith, G-Flame, Joel Mull (his b-sides), Marco Carola,
Chris McCormack, The new Hardgroove double-pack, etc. I like the
supercompressed European house/techno thing that's happening right now.
Detroit is completely finished making good techno aside from "Jaguar".

<<I don't think that the "Rave Scene" is necessarily a great place for
techno, although at the same time I do hope that techno DJs continue to
infiltrate the rave scene and bring their own sounds to those who will
listen--which is exactly why I play parties.>>

The rave scene is what's keeping techno alive in the US, strangely enough. I
hardly ever get booked at clubs. All the clubs want to hear is commercial
Oakenfold bullshit or Eiffel 65 eurotrash pop (aside from Motor and Science
of course *wink*). The funny thing about these candy kids is that they *say*
they don't like techno until you light their asses up and rock some shit,
then they're all over you..."what kind of music is that ???" Then you leave
the room and they're right back on that happy hardcore cartoon shit...weird.

Just my 02.

a.