funny how this has become the oldest friendly argument in the world...
who cares if you like mills or not (besides You)?
who cares if your definition of Good or Worthy is anywhere near mine?
who cares about your opinions or sense of techno right & wrong (besides You)?
who cares about my opinions of the same (besides Me)?
enjoy what you enjoy, don't what you don't. that's why it's all there. neither of 'us' is more right than the other for feeling any way about it. the only rules are the ones you make, and then they become only the rules for you - you being anyone. if it makes your mind or body (or both, whatever is important to you) move, or challenges you in some manner, then great. mission accomplished. if it doesn't, move on and find something that does. or don't. that's fine too. ...make some trance records. haha.

i dig ben's production, even if perhaps it's not absolutely groundbreaking. i'll admit to being a sucker for the current tracky-techno thing. i love it. and from the sounds of it, i'd really enjoy his dj set. but then i really enjoy claude young, et. al. however that's not the case for many people. seeing claude stop records with his face is too much fun... some people think it's ridiculous. whatever. to each his own. i've also travelled far and wide to make available the opportunity to see hawtin whenever possible, but i've never seen him sit on the decks or anything.. ;)

 > I agree with you in that the future of music relies on
 innovation and breaking boundaries. Though, I think
 that there is a point where music is no longer music
 and it just becomes an racket (damn, I sound like my
 dad!!!). It must be a progressive 'breaking of
 boundaries' with constant references to the past and
 present otherwise it is not recognised as 'music'. I'm
 sure music in 1000 years will sound a lot different
 than music today (if it still exists), but you can't
 just jump there now. It cannot be created in such a
 way.

Nothin' wrong with trying tho.

J.