---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 14:08:39 EST
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [313] Regarding Business

I mean we read this article where Juan was bitching that he took like 2,000 a
show and Oakenfold took 1 million for the tour, and how that he's
white=rascism=trance whatever.  Obviously Juan has to get a new booking agent
or realize if you don't do anything musically for almost a decade, that
people won't know you across the country, and 2,000 is a lot to play records
in that case.  I mean he was counting the Ford ad where they use his music as
a recent accomplishment, an ad company using his music isn't something he did
as recent.  They referred to him playing at the DEMF, that was rained just
into his set, he was only up there a bit.  I think he needs to get his head
out of his ass.  There are soo many better Detroit DJ's that are actually
working their sets, and pushing new sounds, but it's hard to get any where
out of Detroit when you have these leaches sucking the life blood out of the
Detroit name.  Internationally they think that's the Detroit, when it's funny
we really don't listen to them all that much here.

And if you don't mind reposting this to the group 313 board I'd appreciate
it, that function is disabled for some reason.
Later,
Steve