Mr. "pouvrenoir" better check his stats ... and his attitude.
To review:

"I mean we read this article where Juan was bitching that he
took like 2,000 a show and Oakenfold took 1 million for the
tour, and how that he's white=rascism=trance whatever.
Obviously Juan has to get a new booking agent or realize if you
don't do anything musically for almost a decade, that people
won't know you across the country, and 2,000 is a lot to play
records in that case.  I mean he was counting the Ford ad where
they use his music as a recent accomplishment, an ad company
using his music isn't something he did as recent.  They
referred to him playing at the DEMF, that was rained just into
his set, he was only up there a bit.  I think he needs to get
his head out of his ass.  There are soo many better Detroit
DJ's that are actually working their sets, and pushing new
sounds, but it's hard to get any where out of Detroit when you
have these leaches sucking the life blood out of the Detroit
name.  Internationally they think that's the Detroit, when it's
funny we really don't listen to them all that much here."

Let's review the actual FACTS:

Jazz Is The Teacher/Cosmic Courier/Bassmental  1993
Sonic Sunset/I Wanna Be There  1994
I See the Light/Pick Up the Flow  1995
Techno City 95  1995
Game One/Think Quick  1995
Higher  1996
Skynet  1998
Never Tempt Me  1999
Be Brave  1999

And the Deep Space album (1995), one of my five or six favorite
ones of the decade (along with Orbital's "brown" album,
Mr. Onester's "African Dream", etc.)

Juan Atkins started a revolution in the 1980s.  OK, that's not
enough for you?  His track record in the 1990s is damn good.
Or maybe "Cosmic Courier" and "Game One" didn't rock the house
worldwide, that was just my imagination I guess..

Finally, his "just a bit" at DEMF last year was almost all his
scheduled time.  It was probably the most atmospheric moment
I can remember -- do you all remember the color of the sky
and the lightning while he played?  And it was a good set too.

I wish people would get off Juan's case.  But I guess I'm
asking too much, right?

Disgusted,

phred