Never ever trust any polls. Trust me! I am yet to see one with any
credibility and I was actualy witness to one that wanted to reschuffle the
list to put someone 'big' on top when the outcome pointed to an underground
Detroit DJ as number one (the rock editor wanted and expected Fatboy Slim,
and had never heard of this DJ). One UK based mag here did a 'poll' of most
powerful people in the Australian music industry and all its big advertisers
were given high listings! It was embarassing since key movers and shakers
were left out.

I always say you never see Mike Banks listed in polls of most influential
players but in terms of business, culture and music his influence  is
greater than any of these flossy MFs, right?