----- Original Message -----
From: "Langsman, Marc" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "313" <313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 20, 2002 2:28 PM
Subject: RE: (313) re: best decks

> Each to his own I think - but Im with merf, I can mix both ways but Im
> geenrally at the point now where I can shift the record with my fingers
and
> then stick the pitch control in roughly the right place. As I mix quite a
> lot of ghetto stuff now which generally involeves having the two tunes
> pitched in like 5 secs , using the pitch fader without touching the record
> it definitely too slow.

Seen it done in zero seconds, :) but in general I'd agree.

> If you check godfather and assault in the mix [some good vids on
groovetech]
> they dont use the pitch method - its just too slow to get a track mixed in
> in like a few seconds.

Fair enough. In these guys hands adjusting the pitch of the records *at all*
is an afterthought. :) They do adjust the tempo with the pitch as well
though. I think it's safe to say you need to be competent with both in order
to get a record mixed in less than 30 seconds.

Tristan
=====
Text/Mixes: http://phonopsia.tripod.com
Music: http://www.mp313.com
Contact: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

New Mix in mp3, 'Live in Iowa City' available for
a short time from http://phonopsia.isoprax.com