> > What do we
> > "listen for" in techno music????  It's weird, and I'm really
not sure why
> > I listen to techno.  Is it genetic? environmental?  ????
What??

> This is an interesting question [snip].  Especially because I
> have always tried to explain with great detail how techno
sounds (usually
> with silly metaphors). I had to suppress that kind of writing
for Techno
> Rebels and stick to a more practical style.

Ah, avoiding the question Mr. Sicko?  :-)

I've always wondered what it is about current generations that
have shown a tendency away from linear narrative, and more
towards repetition.

Song forms with strong structure, lyric, and melody were
especially useful when music technology (fidelity) was
much lower.  Does the mere presence of bass-bins
allow us to enjoy bass-heavy forms of music?

Aside from the purely social function that the
Electronic Music "scene" provides, why are we drawn
to repetitive music?  Are our minds evolving to accept
these are valid artistic statements?  Is it a reaction/
reflection of the way we understand our world (bytes)?

Is it still "rebellious" to listen to non-narrative machine
music, the way rock was a rebellion against 40s and 50s pop?

One good question spawns a host of others...

-  There4IM

(ob313:  np "Interdimensional Transmissions comp")