You sure as hell can't hang a mp3 file on the wall.
Or make it blue, red, or green - nor can you make it play it from the inside to the outer rim; have two tracks pressed side-by-side; etch funny, odd words or messages to the majors into them; press them with pictures on the surface... need I go on?

MEK

From: Glyph1001 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: [313] [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED] everywhere
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 12:14:10 -0400

The only gripe I have with this new techology is how it may deter some
people from their duty of actually making a record.
Producing and having a vinyl copy of one's music, released, is like the
initiation process for a fraternity.  To me, the mark of a real and
serious musician is to produce a vinyl copy of one's music.  This mp3
internet stuff doesn't count in relation to this reponsiblity, IMHO.
You sure as hell can't hang a mp3 file on the wall.

My spare penny,