Look at it like this...Stewart's live set was so bad ass (and it usually is), they thought he was spinnin'. =)

G.

Grammenos, Peter wrote:

But there's nothing wrong with playing off of a laptop either ;) Instead of
all the sound modules being external, you have them on your laptop as
software. So for example you could have a nice tc electronic reverb plug-in
for effects, native instruments battery as your drum machine, reaktor as
your synth, etc.. Then in your laptop, during the live p.a., you're tweaking
as you would those external sound modules, but instead in the software
realm, maybe using a phatboy controller..
This puts the audience much more in the dark in terms of what is actually
happening on stage but it's just as live nonetheless (and easier to setup!).
It's a shame that live pa artists don't get the recognition they deserve and
having people not understand is even worse. Take for example this past
monday @ tronic, stewart walker live, people saying "man this guy is really
good dj". Whatever.

2) I don't use a laptop computer in my live
                set.  My sequencer is hooked up to 5-10
                independent pieces of gear at a time and I have
                to not only control the sequencer, but also
                control each separate piece of gear, which I
                had to learn to use independently throughout
                all the years I've been making electronic
                music (that would be 16 years now), as well
                as make sure the mix is solid and sounds
                professional on what is usually a mackie 1604
                16 channel mixer, with the F/X routed out to
                my DP4...  so when you say mixing off of a
                computer is lame, you aren't saying anything
                about me, or my live set.  Thank you very much.