>I bet if someone bought that D video in the end it
>just looks really sad how a the people of a city ended
>up like that.

I don't know about the city, but the country is what I see ending up
like that. No matter where you go here, there are those that, though
they may not publicly glorify violence, they do think of it as a first
or second option to solve disputes on any scale. I mean, I've seen a
cheerleading coach get at it with a mom over some real simple ish and
they were both intelligent, seemingly peaceful people before the
altercation. That was just this week. In America this has been the way
from the start though (ask the natives, wholesale slaughter gets it
done). The issue I think is not the general acceptance of violence
(heck, all of nature accepts it as a balancing force). I think it's as
martin pointed out, the packaging and commoditization of violence as
something to be sought after (if you want to be cool/hard/real/etc).
"War Stories" are to todays pop culture what "knowledge of self" was to
the golden era of hip-hop. A mistake? Probably not. Is there any way to
reverse this from where we are now? I'm not really sure, but I'd love to
hear some ideas.