> To this day the basic difference between a club and venue is in the
> way that a sounds
> system is set up. I true club will have a sounds systems that
> surrounds you on all
> sides.  Where as a venue will have sound from the front.
>
> I think people underestimate the relevance of the way a sound system
> is set up to
> the ultimate sonic result of the music.  However there is plenty of
> evidence and
> history to show these differences and why people choose them.

I agree with you to a certain extent.  A well designed sound system is very
important in the presentation of the music.  I've mentioned before a good
mate of mine who sets up the most incredible sound systems I've ever heard.
He packs in tons of sound into a small space and everything is so well
balanced you can carry a fairly normal conversation in the middle of the
dancefloor without yelling an inch away from each other's ears.  It's
squeaky clean and I have yet to hear another one rival it (from an
independent mobile promoter).

That said, if he played bad music on it - the sound system isn't going to
make gold bricks out of dog dung.

No technology is going to make the music better because MUSIC is a means of
one HUMAN connecting with another. If the people making it don't have it -
neither will the music.
The people who first used an 808 in a manner in which it was not designed
HAD IT.  A very large percentage of those who came after them don't.

Now, with that said, I can see how "3D" technology could be used and abused
well by those that have "it" - call it what you will,
soul/funk/badassness/etc.
The awful truth is five minutes later will come the hordes who couldn't
express themselves in the 10 item or less line.

MEK