OK my post was a mix of getting in last night in a state of excitement and also
putting up something to spark a debate (the only one
of you I see regularly face to face is Robin, who likes this kind of thing and
threatens me with the nth resurrection of the
"analogue vs. digital" thread if I don't come up with something better  ;-).

It seems to have been successful as there's been lots of interesting comments.
I'll comment back in turn below but first let me get
some disclaimers in that maybe I wouldn't have to do if I'd worded my original
post more carefully (it was late):

I AM NOT BORED WITH MUSIC.  I still like a lot of stuff that's coming out - I
wish I didn't, I'd be quite happy if, as of this
weekend onward, I found that each time I went to the record stores I found
everything there a bunch of absolute [EMAIL PROTECTED]  This would
save me an immense amount of money, time and I wouldn't need to be thinking
about moving to a bigger flat.  I still wouldn't be
bored as I have accumulated a huge pile of stuff over the last few years that I
haven't had time to experience properly and I look
forward to a time when I'm going to be able to do so.  I certainly never said I
was "tired of music"! (or life Ken and MEK - I do
need a vacation but that's another story).

I also acknowledged straight off that I'm of an age where I'm unlikely to find
things new forms of things as stimulating as I did 20
years ago (so no need to remind me I'm old JT).

I guess the way I worded it was that I was "waiting around" for the new music
rather than watching with interest (and some
trepidation - will I be left behind?) - my mistake.

There's still some merit in the discussion though - I think Fred appreciated my
point, we're not tired, we're still digging - or
else why would I be talking the trouble to write this?