Possibly a Pauline Oliveros/Stewart Dempster collaboration?

They did some things with trombones in large metal containers - possibly grain silos or water tanks. This might be what you're thinking of.

--
Dennis DeSantis

www.dennisdesantis.com
www.myspace.com/dennisdesantis

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Nik Stoltzman wrote:
(excuse this little side-conversation)

No, that's not it - but that also sounds worth checking out!

This thing was definitely *not* jazzy and I don't think it was broken down into
tracks. The piece
I heard was about 30 minutes long. Or maybe it was actually one minute long and
the rest was
echoes choes hoes oes es s..?

Very interesting thread this!

Nik, that composition... It wouldn't be "Vor der Flut - Hommage an
einen Wasserspeicher" would it? It's this fab recording made in an
old water 'silo' in Cologne/Germany in 1984, just before the
flooding. I've been trying to find info online but it's all (or
mostly anyway) in German. Here's a site with a clip http://
www.magicmusic.de/shop/de/act/cd/arg/6740/ and here it is on Discogs
http://www.discogs.com/release/1123083
If this is what you were thinking of I could be persuaded to scan the
album liner notes, which are in both German and English.
I totally love this album and played the A side almost in its
entirety it at our last party in September. : )

Anya