> To me, this whole concept of : "the music associated to a physical
> object makes it better" does not hold.

well, that's not my argument. the object does not make the music
itself any better or worse. it is just a vessel that contains more
cultural artifacts and other contextual/background information than
nebulous digital files, which contain virtually none.

music is immaterial. it does not, however, exist in a vacuum, and your
understanding and appreciation of music and all forms of art is
enhanced by understanding the context in which it existed/exists.

it is one thing to hear an old blues record. it is quite another to
hold an old blues record in your hands. you hold a piece of time and
culture that has everything to do with the music.