Yeah, but an mp3 of vinyl crackle would be a compressed, digital approximation
of the analogue
source, so (assuming this argument holds water) would still sound less 'warm'
than a slab of vinyl
with nothing but, err, hiss and crackle on it. Like some uber-mnml m-nus
release ;)

But anyway, this is getting waaaaaaay too zen for me.