JT Stewart a écrit :

the access to music that digital files allow and all that is great
when viewed narrowly -- valuing the music only and disregarding
context. but it is inarguably a deeper experience which allows deeper
understanding to hold a record/tape/cd in your hands than to have a
digital file of it. the object may only be connected to the artist by
degrees of separation, but it still contains actual insight into the
artist/music and tells a story just by virtue of existing in the
physical world. digital files tell no story (yet),  it is pure audio
and nothing else but a file extension, file creation date, and stuff
like that, all of which are not "solid", they can manipulated,
lost...it ain't real.

To me, this whole concept of : "the music associated to a physical object makes it better" does not hold. If it's good, it's good and it should suffice to tell the story. I'm stating the obvious saying you could have a crappy record with great artwork. Music is immaterial and I'm amazed how many people want to associate some physical item to it. I see that as a collector thing. Sure there are some people who collects who also are music lovers, but there's also those who collect just to have that item.