1. /0 as per usual, was trolling.  Acquiring the Urine, as it were.

2. The Alarms WIll Sound CD had some awesome moments. It transmuted
the patience Richard James put into hours and hours of step
programming into real-time instrumental virtuosity.  It isn't better
or worse than the original, it's different, in an interesting (and
very enjoyable) way.

3. I haven't heard the Blue Potential thing, except for snippets, and
the snippets didn't make me want to seek it out.  As a former
orchestral musician, my feeling is that orchestras are really good at
playing notes, and playing music from the domain in which the players
are trained.  If the conductor is decent, and the back half of every
section isn't there just to collect a paycheck, magic can happen.
Said magic rarely happens when the music on the stands comes from a
musical domain completely foreign to the musicians.

This isn't limited to things like Techno-Orchestral works.  I've heard
performances of Webern and Alban Berg that were just awful, because
most of the orchestra -- and sometimes the conductor as well -- just
can't get into it.  Nothing is worse than an orchestra playing a piece
most of the players hate.  You feel the hate coming through.