>> so I ask the mailing list: what's your favorite jambalaya recipe? do
>> you have one? if not, you should. no person should go through life
>> without sampling this treat of a foodstuff.

Got this from a homie in New Orleans (the home of jambalaya - for those who
don't know), it's the bomb:

3 lbs shrimp, butterflied and halved
1 lbs sausage
1 tbs oil
1 tbs butter
1 cup onion, chopped
1 cup green pepper, chopped
1/2 cup celery, chopped
2 bay leaves
1-16 oz can tomatoes
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1/4 cup parsley
2 cups stock
1/2 green onion
1 tps thyme
1 tps basil
1/8 tps cayenne
1 tps salt
1/2 tps chili powder
1 1/2 cup long grain rice
1/8 tps cloves
1/8 tps all spice

Add oil and butter to stock pot. Add onion, pepper, garlic, and celery and
sweat til soft. Add shrimp and cook til white. About 5 min. Remove shrimp, add
sausage. Cook til sausage is ready (2 min). Add stock, tomatoes, bay leaves,
parsley, thyme, basil cayenne, salt, cloves, all spice, chili powder and rice.
Bring to boil, cover and cook under low heat for 20 mins. Add shrimp. Cook for
5 min and serve.

The prep is kinda pain. Once you get past that, it is just like cooking rice.
Enjoy with a glass of red wine and some Detroit techno. ;)