I have to agree with you.  The forward thinking "innovation" that was
present in techno/house at their beginnings has moved on - it doesn't exist
in the music that is sticking to the original blueprint.
What is sort of funny in all of this, for me, is now I'm listening and
buying mostly 60s & 70s funk, jazz-funk, soul, etc. and I find more of that
urgency and immediacy in music from 30+ years ago.
Most techno from the last three or so years leaves me cold.  There's a lot
of "let's do another Basic Channel/Maurizo tune" going on...

MEK