I don't say this to start a debate, because 'disco only lasted 10-15
years at best' is nominally correct.  But I can't really pinpoint the
death of Disco, especially since deep house has been plowing the same
row since ... forever.   Disco as a mass phenomenon in the United
States was really brief, coming into the pop consciousness around 1974
and going way out by 1979.   But nothing changed in the underground --
people still wanted to dance, but all those disco clubs in strip malls
in the suburbs closed down.

And around the world, there never was a disco backlash to the extent
there was here in the states. Italo didn't go into hiding, and in the
eastern block Disco stayed a huge thing, perhaps to this day.

House and Techno seem to me to not descendents of disco but direct
links in the chain that goes back forever -- they serve the same
functional purpose with a different musical vocabulary.  And whatever
new things crop up as time goes by are going to be different and the
same all over again.  And don't forget, a whole new crop of kids whose
starting point was early 90s techno are going to be coming on line
soon enough.

Just out of curiosity, when you're playing stuff besides house and
techno what are you playing?