On Aug 6, 2018, at 10:21 AM, Randy Jaynes wrote:

> Ok. So moving our STARTUP method into a stored procedure using
>       $procID:=New Process(“STARTUP”;512000;”On Server Startup)
>
> takes care of BOTH problems.
>
> So it looks like the Application Server process on 4D Server v16R6 and higher
> is more sensitive to interface related commands like
>       OPEN WINDOW
>       SET MENU BAR
>       DISPLAY RECORD
>
> For the record, this startup method was fine up through 4D v15.4 HF3.

Just curious, does SET MENU BAR actually work from a Stored Procedure process
on 4D Server?I thought this was not supported.

You can open a window from a Stored Procedure on 4D Server but I didn’t think
you could install your own menu bar, and have your own items in the menu bar
that you could select and have them perform actions.

Tim

Tim Nevels
Innovative Solutions
785-749-3444