I am having a problem getting a new SSL certificate to work. This web app
has been running successfully with SSL for several years. The current cert
expires in a few days so I used GENERATE ENCRYPTION KEYPAIR and GENERATE
CERTIFICATE REQUEST to generate a private key, public key, and certificate
request. The request was submitted to DigiCert (by a tech support
co-worker). The resulting file was renamed 'cert.pem' and the private key
was renamed 'key.pem' and placed in the folder with the structure. When I
try to start the app I get an error on the first line of the startup
routine; it lists the 'key.pem' file with the error 'Access denied'. I have
done all of this successfully before so I am stumped as to what is causing
the failure this time. The app works fine if I replace the new cert.pem and
key.pem files with the old ones (from Go Daddy). The app is running via 4D
Server 16R5 on Windows Server 2016. Normally it runs as a service via
FireDaemon. I have several other apps running with the same configuration
and with SSL certs that were generated the same way.

Any ideas what the problem might be? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you and Happy New Year to all,
Rebecca Bryant Williams
becca...@gmail.com