Thank you for the response Timothy, but when I open the private key in a
text editor it is the regular header, not the one indicating encryption.
However, the folder containing the database files *is *encrypted. When I
ran the routine to create the private and public keys and the CSR, I saved
those files to a different folder. I'm wondering if that is causing the
issue. Maybe they should have been saved into the folder where the database
files reside (i.e., the encrypted folder).

Rebecca

--
Rebecca Bryant Williams
becca...@gmail.com