Rebecca,

Don’t know if this is related, but I had a difficult time replacing a cert
recently.  I found out that 4D server reads all certs in the main directory
regardless of if you intent to used them or not.  As soon as I removed unused
certs everything functioned perfectly.  I had simply renamed the old cert to
replace the new one.  Thinking I don’t want to trash this yet.  But keeping it
in the same dir gave major problems loading any cert.  hope that helps.

Sandor

> On Jan 9, 2020, at 09:14, Rebecca Bryant via 4D_Tech <4d_tech@lists.4d.com>
> wrote:
>
> I am having a problem getting a new SSL certificate to work. This web app
> has been running successfully with SSL for several years. The current cert
> expires in a few days so I used GENERATE ENCRYPTION KEYPAIR and GENERATE
> CERTIFICATE REQUEST to generate a private key, public key, and certificate
> request. The request was submitted to DigiCert (by a tech support
> co-worker). The resulting file was renamed 'cert.pem' and the private key
> was renamed 'key.pem' and placed in the folder with the structure. When I
> try to start the app I get an error on the first line of the startup
> routine; it lists the 'key.pem' file with the error 'Access denied'. I have
> done all of this successfully before so I am stumped as to what is causing
> the failure this time. The app works fine if I replace the new cert.pem and
> key.pem files with the old ones (from Go Daddy). The app is running via 4D
> Server 16R5 on Windows Server 2016. Normally it runs as a service via
> FireDaemon. I have several other apps running with the same configuration
> and with SSL certs that were generated the same way.
>
> Any ideas what the problem might be? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thank you and Happy New Year to all,
> Rebecca Bryant Williams
> becca...@gmail.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email (and any related attachments) contains
information from InfoPlus (a service of Bristol Capital, Inc.). It is intended
only for the addressee and may contain information that is confidential and/or
otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the
intended recipient or are acting as agent for the intended recipient, any use
or disclosure of this communication is prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately to arrange for the
appropriate method of returning or disposing of the communication. If our
respective Companies have confidentiality provisions in effect, this email and
the materials contained herein are deemed CONFIDENTIAL and should be treated
accordingly unless expressly provided otherwise.