On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 8:21 PM, Devon H. O'Dell<devon.od...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/8/31 Vinu Rajashekhar <vinuthe...@gmail.com>:
>> "You can implement a NAT by mounting a /net from a perimeter machine
>> with a public IP, while connecting to it from an internal network of private
>> IP addresses, using the Plan 9 protocol 9P in the internal network."
>>
>> This is from the wikipedia page on Plan 9 OS.
>>
>> Is something like iptables like in linux needed to be implemented for
>> Plan 9 ?
>
> My student's summer of code project, which was quite unfortunately not
> completed, was to implement support for NAT in Plan 9, and to
> implement a firewalling infrastructure. I think it would be good to
> implement something like this, and several people thought that
> implementing NAT, if done correctly, would be quite useful for people
> running Plan 9. I'm still interested in providing guidance and info
> about this if it's something you're interested in pursuing -- I have
> quite a few ideas on how it should work.

 Yea I did see that it was accepted as a project, but I couldn't see the
actual sources or anything, so I assumed it may have got stalled. I am
interested in it, from an overall point of view, but right now I am don't know
enough about Plan 9 to give any constructive ideas. Still climbing the learning
curve ! Thanks for responding though.

--
Vinu Rajashekhar,
5th Year Dual Degree Student,