On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 16:08, ron minnich <rminn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 4:03 PM, erik quanstrom <quans...@labs.coraid.com>
> wrote:
>
>> which one did athens, ga fail?
>
> I think athens won big on cheap and pretty, and I also think we all
> felt the host (i.e. coraid) was fantastic.
>
> It was somewhat inconvenient to get to, and people had to pay the cost
> of a rental car.
>
> I would not object to going there again, however. But it's also nice
> to be in a city convenient to a different part of the world each year.
> Seattle and SF are good for our friends on the pacific rim.
>
> So the suggestion of non-athens locations should not be taken (at
> least on my part) as springing from any negative feelings about last
> year's meeting :-)
>
> ron

If folks are interested in Los Angeles (West Hollywood), I could host
here. Our office has a really nice A/V setup and room to seat 30-40
comfortably. LA isn't attractive because everything is spread out.
However, there are reasonable and inexpensive accommodations within
walking distance. And LA also has the advantage of an easy-to-reach
from abroad airport. Of course, it's not exactly pretty here. ;-)

--
Christopher Nielsen
"They who can give up essential liberty for temporary safety, deserve