On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 4:08 PM, ron minnich <rminn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 4:03 PM, erik quanstrom <quans...@labs.coraid.com>
> wrote:
>
>> which one did athens, ga fail?
>
> I think athens won big on cheap and pretty, and I also think we all
> felt the host (i.e. coraid) was fantastic.
>
> It was somewhat inconvenient to get to, and people had to pay the cost
> of a rental car.

i believe it had the best combination for a US location. conference,
accommodation, hang out places and entertainment all within
walking distance to each other, priced very reasonably.

> I would not object to going there again, however. But it's also nice
> to be in a city convenient to a different part of the world each year.
> Seattle and SF are good for our friends on the pacific rim.

well, it was not that far away from a very busy international airport with
convenient shuttles (except for you ron, who got in pretty late).

having seen many places in US (conference towns like Vegas, pretty
cities like SF, Boston etc), Athens imo provided the best combination
of everything for a 'non-sponsored' conference (and a terrific host).

balaji