Laura Conrad said -

>What we need is a developer who is going to:
>
>       Use open source, so that anyone can fix bugs.
>
>       Roll contributions from other people into the source.
>
>       Implement the standard as written.
>
>       Clearly label any extensions to the standard used by the
>       program.
>
>       Write code that can be worked on by multiple people. The fact
>       that abc2ps isn't written this way is probably one of the
>       major reasons for the situation described above.

Excellent except for the first and the last.  Do you intend to outlaw independant implementations such as BarFly, abc2win, Muse or my own humble abc2nwc?

I don't see abc as being defined by any software implementation but to be a standard (or, perhaps, a protocol would be better) for the exchange of musical information regardless of the use to which that information is put.

Bryan Creer