    >> Good luck.  The abc developers community consists of a lot of people who are
    >> more committed to their own software than the broader concept of abc and are
    >> generally hostile to the concept of a standard.  This is why the standards
    >> committee set up earlier this year has failed to produce any results and
    >> appears to have completely foundered.

    taral> Who is on this committee?

Here is a list of the official members:

        James Allwright <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        Robert Bley-Vroman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        John Chambers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        Laura Conrad  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        Laurie Griffiths <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        Phil Taylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Several other people are non-voting members by virtue of being on  the
mailing list by invitation of the members.

I would be willing to resign in favor of someone with more enthusiasm
for the project than I have at the moment.

--
Laura (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] , http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097  fax: (801) 365-6574