Have you looked at Denemo (http://denemo.sourceforge.net)?  The Web page
hasn't been updated in a while but the development is very active, and
there's ABC export (not import) in 0.5.6.  It is not a text editor; rather,
it is a graphical editor that can import/export multiple formats, rather
like Note Edit, it seems.  I'll probably be adding ABC import at some point,
but I haven't bothered yet.  (Usually my composition/transcription process
is: write the main body of the piece in Denemo, export to ABC, tweak as
appropriate.)

    - Eric

http://www.tullochgorm.com/lists.html