E-flat is better known as "D capo one" or "C capo 3"!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Don Parrish-Bell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, June 24, 2002 7:37 PM
Subject: Re: [abcusers] iabc, and features expected in softwares in general

yes,  and cursed be those who would wish to force us to play in Eb on
guitar!   I often
wondered is those chords on some sheet music were put there by someone who
has never
played guitar!

Don

"Laurie (ukonline)" wrote:

> One reason for preferring sharps for guitar chords is that if they are
> actually to be played on a *guitar*, you can always move a shape up the
neck
> by a fret, so that I can immediately think of several ways to play A#.  Of
> course they need barlocks, but there's not always a way round that.  On
the
> other hand the chords of Ab, Db, Eb, Gb and for that matter Cb all require
> mental shifting of gears to avoid having to use fret number minus one.
>
> I'm pleased to say that in Muse the option to force the guitar chords into
> sharps is indeed optional.
>
> Laurie

http://www.tullochgorm.com/lists.html

To subscribe/unsubscribe, point your browser to:
http://www.tullochgorm.com/lists.html