>>The & operator may be used to temporarily overlay
>>several voices within one measure. The & operator

I can understand this when it comes to (temporary) voices, with
several melodies. But sometimes it concerns only chords, for ex. a
chord with two wholes and one with a half, it seems less logic to
use this kind of notation (would " A B c d e f g a & x6 A2 "
allowed then ?), so my question is will the notation with for ex.
" A B c d e f [A2g] a " still be possible, in addition to the &
possibility (this [A2g] was implemented in abcm2ps, andI think
Abacus can handle this too) ?
It seems so obvious and logical it's strange it wasn't from the
beginning of Abc, and for chords it's more readable than this &
command (again this example of "A B c d e f [A2g] a", we can see
at once what note is with the other)

About pure voice overlay, I think also the option by Richard is
even better than &, I find it more readable