Keenan Pepper escreveu:
[...]
>>^1c ^2c ... steps of current scale
>>^33.3c ^66.6c ... cents
>>^1/4c ... semitone fraction
>>^1:19c ^2:19c or ^1-19c ^2-19c ... n_steps:scale_id
>

> Question: How would these different scales be defined in the ABC file?

To maintain the things simple, it seems to me that we should be happy
with a few basic features, and to count on a preprocessor to do more
complex things.

For MIDI we could:
- Use fractions of a ET semitone (relative to current tuning?) - can do
24ET, 36ET, 48ET...;
- Use abc2midi "snt" commands for a possibly complete remapping of MIDI
pitches;
- Add a command to set up to 12-tone tunings (SMT);
- Set the tuning for each ABC pitch class: 7 base pitches * 5
accidentals = up to 35 pitches, for JI, 19ET and such. Question on
implementation: pitch bends? internal remapping of MIDI pitches (SMT),
something else?

For staff notation:
- Suggest implementing quartertone accidentals;
- User defined accidentals (how to do?);

Are there other ideas to use (perhaps some ones from our previous messages)?

--

Currently, I think use a preprocessor is a very good solution, because
one can get many independent forms or output from a single (and

BTW, did you tried microabc? I would be glad to hear your opinion on it.

Regards,
Hudson

--
Hudson Lacerda <http://geocities.yahoo.com.br/hfmlacerda/>