just wondering can i use:
abiword -to png msbitmap.bmp

I would love to have this feature, as I would then be able create a
file association and in windows explorer be able to right click on a
bitmap and choose convert to png.
I know there are lots of other programs i could use to do this, but if i
am going to have abiword installed anyway it would be a bonus.

I realise this might cause problems if people tried to convert from a non
document format to a graphic format (or vice versa).

Should i file an RFE?

Sincerely
Alan aka Alan
:P