Dear all,

I feel the issue has been selectively reported by the TNN and is not true.
The issue of reservation in promotion for persons with disabilities was not
there for consideration before the court in the instant matter.

 I have tried to explain this on the blog post
http://disabilityrightsthroughcourts.blogspot.in/2015/09/supreme-court-on-disability-quota-in.html

On 3 September 2015 at 11:25, Tajwar singh Rawat <tajwarrawat2...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Sir it is necessary for the popularity and good quality arrange batter
> equipment.
>
> On 9/3/15, Ketan Kothari <muktake...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Dear Friends,
> >
> > I am sure what I am going to write is not going to be popular but all the
> > same:
> >
> > We must fight for non-discrimination at the time of promotional
> > examinations on the basis of disabilities.  Reservation at the time of
> > promotion is going to not solve our problem.  What George said about
> > providing of appropriate work environment, technology etc. is the
> > right approach rather than always clamouring for reservation.  I think
> > we all (including me) tend to look for easy way out and then keep
> > complaining when these demands go unfulfilled.
> >
> > We have had friends (some of them on the list) who have overcome their
> > disability and risen to great heights.
> >
> > I fail to understand as to what is so shocking in the judgment?  We
> > cannot expect every citizen of this country to look at us in a way
> > that will suit us.
> >
> > If we have followed ADA litigation, courts have become weary to give
> > judgments in favour of the disabled and we fortunately have been very
> > lucky in India.
> >
> > I may add that although Maharashtra government was compelled to give
> > appropriate aids and appliances vide a directive of 2011, many
> > disabled employees have shown their reluctance to claim these.  So let
> > us also introspect and then comment.
> >
> > With best wishes,
> >
> > Ketan
> >
> > On 9/2/15, Vikas Kapoor <dl.vi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> SC: Differently abled can’t claim quota in promotion
> >>
> >> Amit Anand Choudhary,TNN | Sep 2, 2015, 05.36 AM IST
> >>
> >> NEW DELHI: Differently abled persons can claim benefit of reservation in
> >> government jobs only at the time of appointment and cannot get the
> benefit
> >> of the affirmative policy in promotion, the Supreme Court said on
> Tuesday
> >> while clarifying its earlier verdict.
> >> A bench of Justices Ranjan Gogoi and N V Ramana said the apex court's
> 2013
> >> verdict did not hold that the reservation policy could also be extended
> >> promotion in jobs and stressed that the disabled could claim benefits
> only
> >> at the time of recruitment.
> >>
> >>  The SC had in 2013 directed the Centre and all state governments to
> >> provide
> >> three per cent job reservation to disabled persons in all their
> >> departments,
> >> companies and institutions under Persons with Disabilities (Equal
> >> Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act which
> came
> >> into force in 1995.
> >>

> >>  The Centre submitted that the court had not, while passing order for
> >> three
> >> percent reservation, dealt with the issue of reservation in promotion
> [...]

Warm regards,

Subhash Chandra Vashishth
Mobile: +91 (11) 9811125521
Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to. Consider
environment!