Hi,

The incidence narrated was sad indeed and railways could be more
responsible in the matter.  The Rs. 500 fine is not a deterrent as  TC
mostly never boards the coach.  But should we not have ourselves to
blame as well?

Many of our friends (especially in Mumbai) don't purchase tickets.
Also, when it suits us we tell nondisabled to travel in the coach
(more than one person) which is not allowed.  So before we do anything
else, let us clean our house.

With best wishes,

Ketan

On 10/5/15, Zoher <zos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Friends,
>
> Yesterday a very bad incidence took place with me and my wife who is also
> blind, in disabled coach of Pune Mumbai intercity express.
>
> I and my wife boarded in the train from Pune, the coach was located near the
> engine. After our occupying the seats many nondisabled peoples boarded in
> the same compartment. Most of them were ladies. I messaged to the number
> provided in this mailing list, the matter of Message is "Please vacate the
> disabled coach of 12128 Pune Mumbai intercity exp as nondisabled people are
> traveling". On Lonavala station a Police Man vacated the coach but 1 lady
> was not ready to shift and the police told me I am helpless as I don't have
> a lady constable with me. When train started the lady started abusing me and
> told I will file a falls complain against you, that you tried to touch me
> and intended to through me out of train. I did not reacted to the same as I
> did not wanted to escalate the matter. After some time she captured some
> photograph of me which I could not noticed due to my blindness. She was
> saying hir relative is a police inspector and I will see you.
>
> She was suppose to get down at Thane station but she did not got down and
> she got down at Dadar. While getting down She again abused me and my wife,
> she again came back with 1 man and he threatened me that come out I will
> show you what are the consequences of complaining. Then he said I will show
> you the law. And the train started. Then the remaining passengers told me
> that she was looking very angry on you and you should not have done this
> complain. You should have tolerance and questioned me, there are still many
> nondisabled peoples are present in this bogy why don't you get them down? I
> answered how I will come to know who is disabled and who is not? If I clean
> a part of dirt then it is not my responsibility to clean all dirt. They only
> told me that she has taken your photographs.
>
> The lady who was preaching me not to complain was herself nondisabled.
>
> Please give me your input regarding this matter. Was I wrong to give the
> complain? Should I take threat seriously given by that lady and man?

Ketan Kothari
Phone: [r] 24223281,
Cell: 9987550614
MSN ID: muktake...@hotmail.com