From: AccessIndia [mailto:accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf
Of sazid shaik
Sent: 31 January 2017 11:38
To: AccessIndia: a list for discussing accessibility and issues concerning
the disabled.
Subject: Re: [AI] how to educate railway [passengers?

dear friend, as there will be no time to ask and to respond with them.
another thing is that the tendency of passenger will be in complaint nature
this is universal.  i am not talking about all passengers but few will argue
why blind was posted here.  in my counter actually platform ticket has to be
issued but i was exempted from this duty.
people will stand infront of me they think that they are watching by me but
i cannot see them i will be silent after a while he/she will ask platform
ticket when i tell them that the tickets will be issued on next counter they
will get angry and shout on me.  they do not listen a single word.  to avoid
this type of bitter taste i think so that sign boards are essential.  please
correct me dear friends.

sazid

On 1/31/17, Srinivasu Chakravarthula <li...@srinivasu.org> wrote:
> Sazid,
> Me being a person with low vision, I may not be perfect to talk from
> prospective of person with total blindness. But I believe, you may be
> able to develop eye contact (if not accurately) to passenger from their
voice.
> One reason I discourage about sign boards etc., is that it's general
> tenancy that when they see such a signage, they may try to avoid and
> use another counter. Also, as long as you are able to provide them
> information, they may not really care about your eye contact; but yes,
> eye contact would be essential as there would be many passengers and
> they would want to know who are you addressing. Other way would be
> quickly ask for their name while you are looking up for information
> that they needed, this way you can respond with their name as Mr.
> Srinivasu etc.,
>
> This would be one way to raise awareness too.
>
> Good luck,
>

> Regards,
>
> Srinivasu Chakravarthula - Twitter: http://twitter.com/CSrinivasu/
> Website: http://www.srinivasu.org | http://serveominclusion.com
>
> Let's create an inclusive web!
>
> Lead Accessibility Consultant, Informatica Hon. Joint Secretary, The
> National Association for the Blind, Karnataka Branch
>
> On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 10:44 AM, sazid shaik
> <ashwaqahmed....@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Dear list,
>> As you know that I am working in railway enquiry counter in which i
>> has to interact with many passengerss.  Yesterday as my routine work
>> is contiuned one of our headwaters  officer observed me and told to
>> my section supervisor that i am not making eye contact with the
>> passenger.  After my supervisor told him that I am a visually
>> challenged person he asked to keep any sign board stating that this
>> counter is unning by a blind.  In my view he is correct many of times
>> many passengers complaint the same with me when i told the fact they
>> regretted.  hence i request you how should i keep a sign board and
>> what should it should be written? without hurting our dignity.  As
>> public dealing is a difficulttask in railways.
>>
>> thanks and regards,
>> sazid
>>

>> Register at the dedicated AccessIndia list for discussing
>> accessibility of mobile phones / Tabs on:
>> accessindia_accessindia.org.in

>> http://accessindia.org.in/mailman/listinfo/accessindia_accessindia.or
>> g.in

>> veracity;